Search Mah Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm a green

There's a funny thing about being hired to be someone's boss, and it is the following secret: you were kinda thrown into the deep end of the pool, and some of the things you're saying are nothing more than your best guess. Yes, this is true of many jobs, but when you're also someone's boss it adds an extra dimension of danger, because your best guess could turn out to be a great big FAIL, and then you've not only hurt your own reputation but that of your employee. This is generally considered to be a bad thing.

Luckily, I find myself with an awesome staff who are not only solid at their individual jobs but are great at serving as backups for one another. They also have a really great understanding of now they work as individuals and how they work together as a group. One of the ways they came to this conclusion was through a personality test, taken about 9 months ago. Naturally, the first thing they did was insist that I take the test, too.

It turns out I'm a green.




Which means I'm good at being a boss, but not a lot of fun to be around.

No comments: